In no particular order, here is a list of money making schemes I’ve had at various points in my life. Feel free to steal any of these; I haven’t had much success with any of them yet.
- Turn my personal book collection into a lending library for friends and family. Charge them a nickel for each day the book is late.
- Develop a website where users can import their iTunes XML file and run fancy reports on which artists, genres, etc. they like based on their star ratings. Charge per file upload or a yearly fee for unlimited uploads.
- In the summertime, hike a cooler of ice cold beverages to the top of your local mountain and charge $2 a pop.
- A dead simple “I’m reading” widget in Facebook with a link to Amazon allowing me to earn sweet, sweet referral fees.
- A wall calendar called “The Bikes of Mission Beach.” Each month would feature a different type of funky beach cruiser and the people that ride them (this is more interesting than you might imagine).
- A cheap but high quality real estate photography service. Have you seen some of the pictures out there in the MLS?
- A web identity photography package; basically, a way for people to get semi-professional photos for Match.com, Myspace, etc.